SEO / Link Building / Content Marketing
SEO for Healthcare Companies
Modern lead generation is all about reaching the right people at the right time in the right place. The healthcare industry, while certainly different from those that sell physical products and traditional services, has to play by the same rules. If you want to generate leads and bring in new patients, you need a robust SEO strategy that leverages the power of link building and helps your organization cut through the noise to enjoy optimum visibility.
SEO is a technical, less-exciting topic, but it remains one of the most important elements of modern marketing. According to a study by Google and Compete, Inc. that tapped into data from more than 500 hospital researchers, 84 percent of patients use both online and offline sources for hospital research. However, search drives nearly 300 percent more visitors to hospital websites than non-search visitors. And 44 percent of patients who research hospitals on a mobile device end up scheduling an appointment. According to a separate study from the Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project, 80 percent of all U.S. internet users – or roughly 93 million Americans – have searched for a health-related topic online within the last year. That’s up from just 62 percent in 2001.
In fact, the new study indicates that looking for health and medical information on the internet is the third most popular online activity, coming in just behind email (93 percent) and researching a product or service before buying (83 percent). Across all industries, 94 percent of search engine clicks go to natural search – i.e., organic SERPs and not PPC ads. Furthermore, 33 percent of all clicks go to the URL in the first ranking position on Google’s page one. The second position receives an average of 15 percent of clicks. The third position enjoys 9 percent of clicks. In all, 75 percent of clicks go to results on the first page.
Link Building in SEO for Healthcare Companies
What does this mean for your hospital, clinic, or healthcare organization? It means you must rank well for the search terms and phrases that drive your lead generation efforts. And one of the best ways to do this is by investing in quality link building.
Link building is the process of acquiring links from other websites to pages on your own website. This happens through hyperlinking, which is simply a link that internet users can click on in order to navigate to the particular page that's being cited or sourced. Search engines use these hyperlinks – also known as backlinks – to determine whether or not a website is worth serving its users. Healthcare organizations that have lots of authoritative backlinks pointing to the site are rewarded with:
- Enhanced visibility. Ignoring the SEO value for a moment, every backlink your company earns is another opportunity to increase visibility and put your brand in front of possible patients and clients. Considering that visibility is half of marketing, this makes link building a no-brainer.
- Greater authority. When your company's name continues to pop up on third-party publishing platforms and your website is cited by respected figures in the industry, it enhances your perceived authority and makes others more likely to trust the message you deliver.
- Better search rankings. Google search crawlers take backlinks seriously. While spammy links won't do you any good, quality links from authoritative websites will provide a boost. They're consistently ranked among the top one or two ranking factors by SEO specialists and digital marketing experts.
- Increase in traffic. Link building will feed traffic to your website in a couple of different ways. In terms of the direct benefit, a certain percentage of people will click on your link when they see it in another article or post. Indirectly, a strong link building strategy will generate additional click-throughs via the SERPs.
5 Essential Elements of a Healthcare Link Building Strategy
There's a big difference between white hat link building that adheres to Google's strict requirements and black hat link building that uses spammy tactics and outdated efforts to artificially manufacture short-term results. A white hat link building strategy consists of five basic elements:1. Audience Research
Most link building strategies fall flat because they fail to account for the first and most crucial step in the process: audience research. If you want your results to be different, you need to begin by uncovering who your target audience is and why they need you.
Audience research and analysis is different for every healthcare organization. You have lots of data available at your fingertips and it's all about using your resources wisely. A combination of Google Analytics, Quora, Reddit, Facebook, industry white papers, local demographics, and electronic health records will help you hone in on who your audience is.2. Keyword Research
Keyword research will happen in conjunction with audience research. Once you know who your audience is, you can begin developing a list of keywords that resonate with them in their pursuit of your products and services.
Successful keyword research is all about finding keyword opportunities that are relevant to your audience and have a high search volume, yet aren't being targeted by your competitors. Google AdWords Keyword Planner, as well as Google Trends, will help you uncover these potential gems.
3. Quality Content Development
There are two main approaches to link building: link attraction and manual link building.
Link attraction, also known as link earning, refers to the process of creating content for a link building campaign with the objective of enticing bloggers, journalists, and social media users to use your content as a linkable resource. Manual link building involves finding opportunities to publish content on other websites and link back to your own.
In either case, links don't emerge out of thin air. You need quality content. This takes time and skill, but it's not something you can afford to skimp on. Without the right content, the rest of your link building endeavors will fall flat.4. Publisher Connections
Unless your only aim is to earn links – which usually doesn't happen right away – you'll need connections with publishers, social media influencers, bloggers, webmasters, journalists, and other business owners. This is how you manually build out links on authoritative websites and generate that initial push that takes your SEO to the next level. Without pre-existing connections, this can be a painstaking process that requires lots of outreach and patience.5. Monitoring and Optimizing
Your healthcare link building strategy shouldn't stop with publishing content and earning backlinks. It's important that you continually monitor your results and look for opportunities to earn more links and traffic. Based on data and analytics, your findings may even help you optimize future link building techniques.
Finding the Right Healthcare SEO & Link Building Partner
Link building is simple to understand, yet requires time, skill, and a certain amount of experience to successfully execute. Assuming you don't have all three of these things, it makes the most sense to hire a professional to handle your link building strategy.
You can go down one of two routes. You can either hire a full-time SEO expert to work within your organization's marketing department, or you can outsource link building to an agency. Quite frankly, the former is too expensive. You'll enjoy a far greater return on investment if you outsource. But before you go hiring the cheapest option, make sure you know what you're looking for in a link building partner. Here are some things to seek out:
- Experience. The SEO industry has changed a great deal over the years. In particular, link building has experienced a significant evolution. You'll want to work alongside someone who understands how Google views link building and which practices work within today's context.
- Talented writers. Quality content is integral to link building success. You'll need to work with someone who has access to talented writers that understand your industry and know how to develop crisp copy that satisfies both human readers and search engine crawlers.
- Connections. A good link building professional will have connections with relevant publishers, bloggers, and industry websites. This allows them to slip your links into the right places to yield maximum value.
- Transparency. There's a dark underbelly to the SEO industry and, if you aren't careful, you can easily get sucked into a relationship that does more harm to your brand than good. The best link building professionals are transparent and authentic. They may even offer money-back guarantees to earn your confidence.
There is no shortage of freelancers and agencies that will claim they have what it takes to take your link building strategy to the next level – yet few of them have the long-term track record to back up their claims.
Contact us today to learn about what makes our SEO services different and how we can elevate your healthcare organization's digital presence through sustainable link building!
Content Marketing & Link Building for Healthcare (and Medical Service Providers)
We craft compelling content and build sticky links for healthcare (and medical service providers).
Content Marketing & Link Building for Healthcare (and Medical Service Providers)
We write content and build links for healthcare professionals
As a healthcare provider, you’re constantly looking for a way to increase your brand visibility and reach more people. One of the best ways to accomplish all your marketing goals is to invest in content marketing for your practice.
Our team includes members who understand how healthcare marketing works, including the basics of various medical, dental and surgical specialties. Your healthcare services that patients need on a regular basis, so they’re always eager for content that can educate them—and hopefully guide them to an authoritative medical professional in the area.
We write and create high-quality healthcare content, and use that content to get featured on national online publishers. The end goal is earn your medical business brand mentions, backlinks, and increased brand visibility—all without the need of an in-house marketing team. Working with SEO.co gives you virtual access to a robust team of healthcare content marketing experts, without having to front the bill for full-time salaries.
On top of that, we also create onsite content for medical business. Those same expert team members also specialize in drafting health-related blog posts, how-to guides, and tutorials for your site that serve a dual role; not only do these onsite posts boost your authority and help you rank higher in search engines, they also help your healthcare business earn more visitor conversions, thanks to compelling calls-to-action. When your health content does the selling for you, you can dedicate more of your time to what you do best.
All our content services are white-hat and transparent, so you know exactly what you’re getting. All our content also comes with pre-approval and a money-back guarantee.
Talk to an SEO.co representative today, and learn how our content services can help your medical business grow to new heights!
Why Choose SEO.co?
Focused on quality content and quality backlinks for Healthcare (and Medical Service Providers)
We follow a simple, time-tested process for building quality website backlinks for your business:
- 100% U.S. based content team with experience writing healthcare marketing copy
- Reliable & quality online publishers, including high domain authority websites
- Top-notch customer support
- Non-branded link and content publishing reports
- Fully white-hat services
- Speedy delivery on all customized orders
- Full transparency on all orders and direct engagements
- Money-back guarantee on a pay-for-performance model