SEO / Link Building / Content Marketing
SEO for Plumbers
The plumbing industry is surprisingly competitive, with more than 115,737 plumbing companies currently registered in the United States. If you want to be the one who gets the call when a customer needs help, you’ll need some kind of strategy to make yourself more visible, more authoritative, or otherwise more compelling than your competitors.
Increasingly, plumbers are turning to search engine optimization (SEO) to get the job done. SEO is a collection of strategies designed to help businesses rank higher for relevant searches in Google and other search engines. For example, if a customer searches for “emergency plumbing repair in [your city],” SEO would improve your website’s visibility in the results pages (SERPs) generate from that query.
But is SEO really that valuable for plumbers, and if so, how can they make the most of it?
Do Plumbers Need SEO?
Let’s start with an explanation of why modern plumbers need SEO.
- Emergency contact information. Today’s SERPs make it easy for customers to take action. When searching for emergency plumbing services on a mobile phone in a panic, customers will be able to click a button and call a company; SEO will help you make sure yours is the one they call.
- Brand visibility. No plumbing business can survive without some kind of initial brand visibility. Printed ads, billboards, and stencils on your van can all help—but SEO has the power to reach just about everyone in your city.
- Organic traffic. It takes some time to reach rank one, but once you get there, you can count on a steady stream of inbound traffic—a passive source of potential new customers.
- Local domination. SEO allows you to optimize for a local area, so if you’re trying to become the dominant plumbing business in, say, Tulsa, you can tailor your strategy to focus on appealing to Tulsa residents.
- Authority and reputation. The process of SEO provides you with opportunities to produce expert content, provide advice to prospective customers, and get your brand mentioned in top publications. It’s a great opportunity to boost your authority and reputation in the industry.
- Competition safeguarding. Most plumbing businesses are already turning to SEO to improve their brand visibility. Getting involved yourself is a defensive measure that can ensure they don’t completely overrun you.
The Formula for SEO in the Plumbing Industry
SEO can seem complex to newcomers, and if you dig deep enough, you can find thousands of variables to potentially concern yourself with. But high-level, SEO can be simply broken down into three categories of strategies:
- Onsite optimization and technical SEO for plumbers. First, you’ll need to clean up your website. For your site to rank, it needs to be fully functional, user-friendly, and optimized for target keywords relevant to your demographics. Onsite technical optimization is usually a one-time process, but a vital one if you want to succeed.
- Onsite plumbing content. Next, you’ll need to work on developing strong onsite content. These will serve as opportunities to showcase your expertise, optimize for target keywords relevant to the plumbing industry (and your location), and even embed calls-to-action to incentivize customer contact. Additionally, these serve as what we call “linkable assets,” vital for an effective link building campaign.
- Link building and offsite SEO. Technical SEO and onsite content provide a good foundation, but you’ll also need an offsite SEO strategy to be successful. Offsite SEO requires you to build links from external publishers pointing to your site to boost your own authority. It’s the trickiest, yet arguably most important component of your campaign.
SEO for Plumbing Companies
How Does Link Building Work for Plumbers?
Let’s take a closer look at link building in the plumbing industry, and why it’s so valuable.
Google measures the relative trustworthiness of a site in terms of “authority.” The higher your domain authority and page-level authority, the higher you’re likely to rank in search engines. While Google relies on many factors to calculate authority, the most important is the number and quality of links pointing to your site; strong links from high-authority publishers increase your authority more than weak links from niche blogs and new websites.
However, you can’t just fool Google by building a ton of links on a ton of different sites. That’s because Google’s algorithm is sophisticated enough to tell the difference between a natural, organic link and one that was built as part of a “link scheme,” or a deliberate attempt to manipulate search rankings.
The solution is to build links as organically as possible. Reputable link building agencies produce high-quality guest posts for offsite publishers, and include a link back to the best content of your site, so long as it’s relevant for the publisher’s target audience. If the link is valuable to the publisher, to readers, and to everyone else involved, it will stand to increase your authority.
Outsourcing SEO as a Plumber
If you’re reading about SEO for the first time, you’re likely confused, and intimidated at the thought of trying to manage all this on your own. That’s perfectly natural. If you’ve spent your career developing your plumbing skills and building your business, you should continue focusing on those areas—even if you love the idea of improving the visibility, reputation, and traffic flow of your website.
The solution is to outsource your SEO work. If you work with a professional SEO agency that’s had experience with plumbers in the past, you’ll have a team of experts working on your behalf. They’ll work more cost-efficiently and more effectively than you could, helping your site rise in rankings without the time-consuming (and painful) trial and error of your own SEO journey standing in the way. In the span of a few weeks to a few months, you can reliably climb the SERPs and dominate your local competitors.
Content Marketing and Link Building for Plumbers
We develop quality content that generates backlinks for plumbers.
Why Choose SEO.co?
Focused on quality content and quality backlinks for Plumbers
We follow a simple, time-tested process for building quality website backlinks for your business:
- 100% U.S. based content team with experience writing plumbing marketing copy
- Reliable & quality online publishers, including high domain authority websites
- Top-notch customer support
- Non-branded link and content publishing reports
- Fully white-hat services
- Speedy delivery on all customized orders
- Full transparency on all orders and direct engagements
- Money-back guarantee on a pay-for-performance model
SEO.co is a leading authority in the SEO industry, and we’ve helped hundreds of clients in a wide range of industries—including plumbing—find the onsite structure and link building campaigns they need to beat their competitors and improve visibility. With ongoing relationships with high-profile publishers, authoritative analysts who can help you plan a campaign at high level, and skilled writers to create the best content for your brand, we can take your plumbing business to new heights.
If you’re interested in learning more, or if you’re ready to get a free quote, contact us today!