Free SEO Broken Link Checker Tool


Data shows that one out of every two websites contains at least one dead or broken link. And of those who end up on 404 error pages, only 23 percent make a second attempt to find the requested page. The remaining 77 percent leave the website forever. If your website has broken links, you need to know about it. You also need to do something to fix them. Our broken link checker can help you get started.



 

Check your site for broken links now! (scanned results populate in <1 min)


 

What Are Broken Links?

Broken links are essentially links that no longer work. Links break down for any number of reasons, including:

  • The website is no longer available
  • The URL structure of the website has been changed
  • The page was moved without any proper redirect being added

Over time, there’s a natural tendency for links to break down. This process is commonly known as “link rot.” By one account, websites can anticipate losing roughly 25 percent of links every seven years. So the longer your website has been active, the more likely it is that you have broken links.

The Negatives of Broken Links

Broken links aren’t just annoying – they’re detrimental.

Broken links are bad for two main reasons:

  • User perception. Everyone inadvertently clicks on a broken link from time to time. And while one broken link isn’t a big deal, multiple exposures to broken links on the same website can negatively impact a visitor’s perception of your brand.
  • Search rankings. Search engines view links as votes of credibility for a website’s quality and authority. Too many broken links indicate that your site is in disrepair and/or that it’s failing to add value to visitors.

Discovering where you have broken links on your website is the first step. Fixing them is the second part of the equation.

How to Fix Broken Links

There are a variety of ways to fix broken links. Your approach will depend on how many broken links you have. One or two can be manually fixed without much trouble. If you have dozens or hundreds, you can save time and effort by using a plugin, tool, or service to streamline the process.

Try the Broken Link Checker plugin for WordPress. It makes broken links display differently in blog posts; prevents search engines from following these links; and allows you to edict links directly from the plugin page (without having to manually update each and every post).

 

Build Better Links With SEO.co

At SEO.co, link building is what we do. And because we’ve been in the white hat link building game for years, we understand the importance of imploring multiple strategies and techniques to deliver maximum efficacy for our clients.

Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you enhance your site’s SEO and generate maximum brand visibility!

 
 

Get in Touch


[]
1 Step 1
keyboard_arrow_leftPrevious
Nextkeyboard_arrow_right
 
START HERE!