Digital Marketing & SEO for Roofing Companies
Free SEO Audit & Domain Dominance Discussion
Custom Keyword Analysis & List Building
A list of keywords based on your services, service area, and search trends. Providing you with a list of keywords that will drive the most traffic to your website, starting with long tail, working toward SEO that targets the most profitable terms.
SEO Rankings Report
You’ll see exactly where your company currently ranks online for those worthwhile keywords compared to your competition. We'll then work with you to formulate an action plan that will bring in more hot prospects for your roofing business.
Website Optimization Review
A complete analysis and explanation of why your website is not ranking at the top of the search engines and a detailed plan to improve deficiencies.
Website Conversion Review
We will help you implement website converting tactics and how to flip visitors into booked appointments.
We’ll give you a step-by-step plan tailored to your market for more calls, leads and profits.
Get Your Free SEO Audit
Roofing Company Website Dominance
For the maximum flow of appointments, sales, and growth for your Roofing Business
SEO / Link Building / Content Marketing
SEO for Roofing Companies
Everything Roofing Companies Need to Know About SEO and Link Building
There are trendy businesses and then there are staple businesses. A trendy business would be a company that manufactured and sold fidget spinners in 2017. It’s possible that they made a lot of money over a short period of time, but their business likely crashed after a few short-lived months. A roofing company, on the other hand, is an example of what we’d call a staple business.
Staple businesses aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. They continue to provide value over many decades and there’s no end in sight. According to recent industry reports, there are approximately 104,914 roofing businesses operating in the United States – and 2018 was the fourth consecutive year in which U.S. roofing contractors experienced double digit increases in sales and enjoyed improved profitability. However, staple businesses – like roofing companies – do face challenges.
Competition is the biggest challenge of all. There are often dozens of competitors in the same market. This creates a glaring need for increased exposure and differentiation. On top of that, reputation is everything in this industry. Roofing businesses must find ways to strengthen reputation and leverage social proof. The answer you’ve been looking for could be SEO, or search engine optimization.
Why Roofing Companies Need SEO
You’re in the roofing business, not the digital marketing business – we get it. But just because you’re better with a hammer than you are with a keyboard, doesn’t mean you can afford to ignore the value that comes from optimizing your digital presence.
Here are some very specific reasons why roofing companies, including yours, need SEO:
- Organic search is king. In the digital world, website traffic is typically split into two overarching categories: paid and organic. As the name suggests, paid traffic costs money. It’s the traffic you derive from advertisements. Organic traffic, on the other hand, is free. This is traffic that flows to your website via search engines, backlinks, or direct search (typing the exact web page into a browser search bar). A well-developed SEO strategy increases organic traffic numbers over time.
- Visibility is credibility. When a customer is faced with a purchase decision and there are two companies he’s considering, he’s almost always going to choose the brand he recognizes – or the one with the most exposure in the marketplace. That’s because people associate visibility with credibility. Your roofing business can leverage this phenomenon by investing in SEO (which makes your company more visible in the search engines).
- Proper SEO means better UX. Google doesn’t invent rules to frustrate business owners. The search engine giant is in the business of making its users happy. Thus, most of its rules and requirements are centered on creating a better user experience (UX) for its users. If you pay attention to proper SEO, visitors will find your site more intuitive (and less frustrating).
- SEO is more cost-effective. Paid traffic is expensive. Your roofing business can easily spend thousands of dollars a month just trying to secure pay-per-click (PPC) ads for competitive roofing keywords. SEO is far more cost-effective. While there are certainly some startup costs with developing an SEO strategy and getting things off the ground, the long-term costs are far less expensive. (Plus, people are much more likely to click an organic search result than a paid search result.)
You can’t build a successful roofing business using SEO alone, but it’s certainly helpful in pushing your company past your competitors and reaching your target audience.
The Most Important Aspects of SEO for Roofing Companies
SEO, as a term, is broad and sweeping. It encompasses numerous strategies, tactics, and topics. But for roofing companies and other similar businesses, there are a few aspects of SEO that are most important. These elements can be split into two categories: on-page SEO and off-page SEO.
- Content. Content is the currency of the internet. It’s vital to a website’s rankings, traffic, and conversions. If you want your roofing website to rank well in the search engines, you need to invest in content that’s both high-quality and relevant.
- Keywords. Your target audience is using certain search terms to find more information online about roofing problems, repairs, fixes, etc. A good SEO strategy uncovers these keywords and then leverages them as part of the copywriting process.
- Technical. On-page SEO can get pretty technical. Google has certain requirements that it expects websites to follow, including rules for things like meta titles, meta descriptions, site speed, coding, schema markup, canonicalization, etc.
- Social media. SEO and social media share an interesting and powerful relationship. Platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are useful for reaching specific audiences, sharing content, and generating referral traffic.
- Reviews and ratings. Credibility is everything in the roofing business. The more positive reviews and ratings you have, the more trustworthy your business appears to customers. The right SEO strategy will help you cultivate and document social proof in the right places.
- Backlinks. Finally, you have backlinks. The right off-site SEO strategy will help you generate backlinks that increase both visibility and traffic for years to come.
Link Building for Roofing Companies
A Primer on Link Building
There’s clearly a lot that goes into SEO – and you can’t ignore any of the aspects highlighted above – but link building is one of the most important elements.
If you want to understand the question, "what is link building?", it’s best to picture the internet as one big map. Each website is a city on this map. And while any internet user has the option of typing a URL into their web browser – which would be like taking an airplane from one city to the next – most users prefer to travel by ground. That is, they’d rather use the interstates, highways, and roads.
In this analogy, hyperlinks between websites are the roads. Every time a link is published from another website to your own website, it’s like another road leads to your city. The more roads/links you have, the greater your visibility and the more that people will visit.
You can think of link building as road building. It’s the process of proactively seeking out linking opportunities from other websites to your own. And while it can be time consuming, the results are sustainable. Unlike paid traffic, which disappears the moment you stop paying for it, organic link building generates SEO juice and traffic indefinitely. This makes it more practical and more cost effective.
7 Tips for Link Building Success
Link building is both technical and creative. It requires some firsthand knowhow and a willingness to study up on Google’s best practices (and adhere to them). Having said that, here are some tips and techniques that roofing businesses commonly rely on when launching link building strategies:
1. Grab Easy Links
Not all links are created equal. There are three general categories: spammy, valuable, and low-hanging fruit. Spammy links should be avoided at all costs. They won’t add value to your website and can actually lead to penalties. Valuable links are organic links from authoritative websites. (These links will make up the bulk of your link building strategy.) Then, somewhere in between, you’ll find low-hanging fruit.
The low-hanging fruit of link building consists of backlinks that are easy to obtain, yet don’t add a ton of value individually. Obtaining them is generally a matter of signing up for an account, creating a profile, or shooting an email to a specific person.
Links can easily be cultivated on local business directories, resource pages, public profiles, review pages, forums, event pages, photo sharing sites, social media profiles, coupon code websites, video descriptions, Wikipedia pages, and other similar locations.
2. Research Audience and Keywords
The easy links mentioned above are nice to have but won’t move the needle much. What you really need are relevant links on authoritative websites. In order to quantify “relevant,” you must understand who your audience is and what they’re searching for.
With tools like Google Analytics and Keyword Planner, it’s fairly easy to study keyword trends in the roofing industry to figure out exactly what you’re audience is searching for. You can also create audience profiles based on your own experiences with your existing customer base. This combination of firsthand insights and technical research will help you tailor your content and linking strategies.
3. Build Up Your Content Arsenal
Before going out and mining backlinks from other websites, make sure your website has an abundance of quality content. Otherwise, your link building efforts will be in vain.
Rather than publishing a bunch of shallow content on your blog, take the time to develop rich, resourceful content that’s 1,000 to 5,000 words in length. While this type of content takes longer to craft, it’s far more effective and sustainable.
4. Find Potential Link Sources
The next step is to identify potential websites and blogs that align with your business. This may include home improvement blogs, real estate websites, or DIY sites. You want authoritative websites that have audiences that overlap with your own (but who aren’t direct competitors). Websites that have contributor programs or guest blogging platforms are ideal.
5. Pitch Content Ideas
The next step is to develop and send personalized pitches to each potential link source. These pitches should be clear and specific. It’s imperative that you focus on adding value to the publisher – not yourself. If your idea gets accepted, you can usually negotiate a backlink in return for your work. (But if it’s an especially authoritative website, don’t push the envelope. It’s more important that you build a solid relationship than earn a single link.)
6. Practice Social Listening
Social listening – also known as brand monitoring – is the act of listening to what’s being said about your company online. Using automated listening tools, you can find out when people mention your brand and gauge the response. You can also identify places where people are discussing your brand, yet haven’t included any links back to your website. A simple email or comment could be enough to pick up a new link.
7. Do Something Noteworthy
Sometimes you have to go out and make things happen. If nobody is talking about your brand and people don’t seem interested in what you have to offer, doing something noteworthy could change the game.
A good example would be sponsoring a Habitat for Humanity home build. This simple action could earn you newspaper write-ups, social media shares, and guest blogging opportunities. You never want to be gimmicky or so self-serving that you take advantage of opportunities like these, but some strategy in how you interact with the local community will go a long way.
Choosing a White Hat Link Building Company
As you can see, link building is time consuming – and it’s just one aspect of the larger SEO picture. If you’re like 99 percent of roofing companies that have a link building strategy, you’ll find that it’s far more effective to outsource this aspect of digital marketing and lead generation. But you’ll need to be careful with the link building service company you choose.
In the SEO world, there are two types of companies: black hat and white hat. Black hat SEO companies are like sketchy, back-alley jewelers who sell watches and diamond rings out of trench coats. Sure, you might be able to buy a nice piece from them at a low price, but there are an abundance of risks (e.g. theft and knock-off jewelry). As a white hat SEO company are like local jewelers who’ve been in business in the same location for decades. Customers may pay a slight premium, but they know exactly what they’re getting.
White hat link building companies are few and far between, but they’re easy to recognize. They’re transparent and upfront. They don’t promise results they can’t deliver and have case studies to back up past work. White hat link builders don’t use private blog networks (PBNs), link farms, or link exchanging – which Google frowns on. Client confidentiality is a priority and the content is 100 percent unique and developed by English-speaking writers.
Partner With SEO.co
At SEO.co, our link building services are widely recognized as being among the best in the industry. We work with everyone from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies and have years of experience generating tangible results for roofing businesses just like yours.
When you work with SEO.co, you get everything you need to develop, launch, and execute a sustainable link building strategy that boosts your visibility, drives, traffic, and generates results. Our team of U.S.-based writers and exceptional digital marketers will handle everything from publisher outreach and pitching to content creation and link placement. And if we can’t fulfill the agreed-upon deliverables, we’ll happily swap it out for another service or publisher of equal value (or offer a full refund).
Whether you have a small roofing company that’s trying to carve out a space in a local market, or a nationally recognized brand that wants to boost revenues across the board, we can help. Contact us today to get started!
Content Marketing and Link Building for Roofing Companies
We develop quality content that generates backlinks for roofing contractors.
Content Marketing and Link Building for Roofing Companies
We develop quality content that generates backlinks for roofing contractors.
The travel industry is alive and well, but few niches are more competitive than roofing company. It’s a good time to be a travel agent and it’s imperative that you seize the opportunity to build a thriving practice.
At SEO.co, our goal is to help roofing companies build their businesses through the creation of high quality content that attracts powerful referral traffic and generates high-converting leads. We do this primarily through content marketing and link building – two elements of digital marketing that work in tandem with one another
In terms of content creation, we’ll work with you to create high quality content that adds value to your website and delights current and future clients. From blog posts to landing pages, we can do it all.
While quality content is important, it’s not the only thing travel companies need to grow their businesses. Backlinks also play an especially important role. We’ll help you obtain the highest quality backlinks from authoritative blogs and publishing platforms. In doing so, you’ll benefit from increased exposure and enhanced SEO rankings. But most importantly, you’ll earn the opportunity to intersect prospective clients when they need you most: during their online research and exploration.
When you work with SEO.co, you gain access to our powerful network of online publishers, as well as a stable of talented writers who are able to craft original content that positions you as a roofing contractor who can be trusted. With our white-glove service, everything from the content creation to the link placement is handled for you.
To find out more about how SEO.co can help you in your link building endeavors, please reach out! We’d love to tell you more about our industry-leading, money-back guarantee.
Why Choose SEO.co?
Focused on quality content and quality backlinks for roofing companies
We follow a simple, time-tested process for building quality website backlinks for your business:
- 100% U.S. based content team with experience writing roofing service marketing copy
- Reliable & quality online publishers, including high domain authority websites
- Top-notch customer support
- Non-branded link and content publishing reports
- Fully white-hat services
- Speedy delivery on all customized orders
- Full transparency on all orders and direct engagements
- Money-back guarantee on a pay-for-performance model
Clients Trust Our Digital Marketing Prowess
As Seen In
Home Service SEO
Law Firm SEO
Music Production SEO
News & Blog SEO
Payday Loan SEO
Phone Company SEO
Power Utility SEO
Printing & Publishing SEO
Private Equity SEO
Professional Sports SEO
Radio / TV SEO
Real Estate SEO
Record Company SEO
Residential Construction SEO
Saving & Loan SEO
Software & SaaS SEO
Steel Production SEO
Student Loan SEO
Sugar Cane SEO
Timber, Logging, & Paper Mills SEO
TV Production SEO
Venture Capital SEO