By creating high quality internal page structure for your website, you will enable search engines to find, assess and index your site content. Your site’s content and purpose will be easily read and categorized. In addition, your website will receive top placement in search engine directories and relevant Web searches. When you include valuable keyword-rich content from your home page on internal pages that has proven to attract interested viewers, this can also add “link juice” to your overall site and its intent. If you have other web pages or postings on other sites that advertise and promote your current products, services or website purpose, you should link to those URLs to add increased SEO and web traffic to your current site.
There are eight primary steps to follow for successful design and creation of a powerful and effective internal web page structure. These major site design methods and procedures are as follows:
1. Use Quality Site Design Features. – First of all, the overall quality and effectiveness of each page on your website must be excellent. Only by ensuring that every page is top-tier design with high functionality will you receive high traffic volumes and conversion rates for your site. Each page must include professional-level web design features such as well written, keyword-rich text and fine quality photographs, videos, graphics and interactive content. All pages need to achieve high ratings for search engine optimization (SEO) and conversion rate optimization (CRO).
2. Include Content Related to Your Home Page. – Since every page of your site should have content directly related to and supportive of your home page, be sure to structure each additional site page to include some of the major products and services promoted on your home page. In order to draw more external links to a new site page, link to blog posts, advertisements and other promotional content you have placed elsewhere on the Web. By including links to your site pages in articles you place on blogs of popular or authoritative sites related to your own business products, services and site content, you will actually attract impressive volumes of web traffic and backlinks from external sites. As Internet users read these blog posts and link to your site from their own websites, your numbers of site visitors, new customers and conversion rates will increase. Google actually places greater importance on your site links placed within your blog content on other sites than on links you place in your internal site navigation.
3. Use Keyword-Rich Links to Your Top Navigation. – However, you do need keyword-rich links to your top navigation. Your home page navigation bar should direct your customers and site visitors to your primary categories and internal pages. Navigation topics should highlight your major categories and products. When you incorporate category design and function that opens out in navigation, customers and visitors can see multiple products and purchasing opportunities at once. This feature can extend link juice and visibility throughout your entire website. One link for each site page is sufficient. In addition, top search engines recommend that you include fewer than 100 links on any of your internal pages. Many successful websites also include a complete site directory at the bottom of each page for greater page recognition and viewing.
4. Create Extra Navigation to Your High Profitability Pages. – Create extra navigation to your pages with highest profitability levels. By including links to your best-seller products on your home page, you will boost link juice to all pages while attracting more interest to these star products. Placing links in your sidebar to your most prominent external web articles and blog posts can also greatly boost visibility and sales conversions for your site. As long as you have excellent home page and internal page design and linkage, all new site visitors from external sources will take more time to view the content and product purchasing options of your entire website. If you currently use WordPress or a similar host for your website, you can choose plugins to auto-add links to your external posts, as well. Search engines base high site value and ratings on such site-related content since it attracts high volumes of Web user attention for your site.
5. Use Keywords in Breadcrumb Navigation. – Sub-navigation that reveals your website hierarchy and structure are called breadcrumbs. They assist site users to navigate your website and view its entire content easily and thoroughly. They also enable you to incorporate targeted anchor text links to your important pages. Always remember that Internet users as your potential new customers and ongoing client base react favorably to websites with content that quickly and concisely directs them to pages, information and products they are searching for or have particular interest in viewing.
6. Include Keyword Usage in Anchor Text. – When Google and other search engines perform evaluations of your site pages for search ratings, the two primary criteria used are authority and relevancy. Authority levels equal the number and effectiveness of the links pointing to your site pages. Relevancy means the rating value of your link keywords for anchor text. When planning SEO techniques for your site, remember that when you use the key term “click here” on your pages you are adding no value to your site. However, when you use target keywords as anchor text when including links, you are using a powerful strategy to strengthen your rankings and page optimization.
7. Use Target Keywords in Your URLs. – The structure of your page URLs needs to match your site structure. Each product page must be nested to be part of its category. For example, if your website structure follows the design of “yourdomain.com/category/product,” if you are selling costumes and one site page is devoted to selling vintage costumes, its URL could be “yourdomain.com/costumes/vintage-costumes.” Always make your URLs as short and concise as possible. Include your target keywords and if you have keyword phrases, include hyphens between each word of a phrase.
8. Rely on Quality Analytics and Expert Site Analysis. – Make good use of professional website analysis services for your website pages like Google Analytics and other similar tools to ensure best quality internal page structuring. You can either perform your own analysis with the aid of these services on the Web or seek advice from expert website designers and optimization experts. By doing so, you can tweak and fine-tune your site’s internal page design, features and linkage use for best SEO and CRO results.
Highly effective traffic volumes and conversion rates for your website can be attained when you create the perfect internal page structure throughout your site. Each page will be as effective as the degrees of attention you give to ensuring the high quality of page content. By including excellent textual content, visual and interactive features as well as SEO on each page, you will attract greater numbers of site visitors. With CRO expertise, you can encourage them to view and spend time on each site page. With high quality keyword usage and internal, external and navigation bar linkage, you will increase visibility and interest in every page of your site. Good use of anchor text will also improve visitor volumes and easy navigation of your pages. Through use of professional analytics for your home page and all internal pages, you will gain valuable knowledge and insight of how to fine-tune your pages for the highest possible levels of viewer interest, customer conversion rates and continual expansion of your client base for highest levels of online success and profitability.